Welcome

WELCOME! Sit, read, relax, laugh, share stories and teaching ideas.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

WRITE, WRITE, AND WRITE SOME MORE!

This time of the year my first grade students are writing the most beautiful stories!  To help them remember the essentials of writing a good story I made my anchor chart, 
DOES YOUR STORY HAVE . . ., into a smaller version that can be used at centers or during writing time.  We have used it throughout the year and it has paid off wonderfully.

Patrick wrote this during centers.  
The writing prompt was:  Imagine you are a kite. Where are you and what do you see?
I am a kite flying over Ireland!  Whoosh!  A gust of wind lowers me down.  A child takes me.  I'm his now.  He plays with me every day.  Then he lets me fly to another part of the world to have another adventure.

Please click on the chart below to print a FREE copy and write on!



Happy Writing!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment